.

Friday, January 18, 2019

Historical Theology Essay

I. Introduction As I said in my setoff Reflection Paper, my knowledge and exposure to Christianity has been somewhat limited. Throughout my life I fox been a person who wanted to know Why and spend a penny factual proof to support my thoughts and ideas. I receive chosen historical Theology and execute Prophecy as my two topics. By variation about historical Theology I am developing a violate brain of some of the essential points of Christian Doctrine. Fulfilled Prophesies leave definitive proof to give my beliefs in Christianity and the playscript a unharmed foundation. I plan on using both to develop as a knowledgeable and responsible Christian. Since my knowledge of these two topics is in its babyhood and I must(prenominal) always keep in mind to crawling before walking and walk before running.II. Part One historical Theologya. Historical Theology is described as the study of the increment and history of Christian doctrine. While closely related to Historical Theolo gy, church service building annals should remain separate from Historical Theology. Historical Theology under(a)stands changes in doctrine that led to divisions and movements within church and Church History is the record of the divisions and movements.b. Luke gives us the Biblical Foundation for Theological History. He began by arrangement his account of either that Jesus began to do and to teach (Acts 11). The allow of Acts is the account of what Jesus continued to do and teach through his church. Acts 2830-31 conclude with, For two whole years Paul stayed there in his own rented house and welcomed all who came to see him. He proclaimed the country of divinity and taught about the Lord Jesus Christwith all salience and without hindrancec. While non unmatchable of my deepest thoughts, Ive often wondered wherefore there were so many assorted churches all claiming to be the peerless honest path to the end goal of heaven. As I come along in my readings of Church Histo ry, I am awed by the mend relatively small revisions in doctrine have upon Church History and Historical Theology. A change in wording or different interpretation of a word, phrase or paragraph resulted in A new and improved version. I welcome and value the benefits of the church community, however since becoming a Christian the desire to belong to the right church doesnt have the same strength as my desire urgency for salvation.III. Part Two Fulfilled Prophecya. The intelligence is the denomination of divinity fudge and provides our path to salvation. Fulfilled prophecy provides positive and unerring proof of the stiffness and accuracy of the Bible. However, while I believe this, there argon those who adoptt. They use false arguments such as, man wrote the bible and since man is weak how can the Bible be the Word of God? I have found references that agree there are about 2,500 prophecies of which nearly 2,000 have been fulfilled. Thats 2,000 prophecies fulfilled without er ror. Man can never achieve a perfect completion rate. A perfect completion rate is Gods territory. The prophecies that remain unfulfilled occur in the future. b. There are two examples of Biblical Foundation that apply to Fulfilled prophecy Id like to use. First, Moses in Deuteronomy 1821-22 sets the test for a true prophet. A true prophets predictions are vitamin C percentage accurate. No errors. Second, in 700 B.C. Micah predicted the birthplace of the Messiah. (Micah 52).Thats an amazing feat. Of all the births that occurred in all the known cities, towns and lands in 700 years it is simply astounding that he predicted Bethlehem as Christs birthplace. c. Fulfilled Prophecy has been laboursaving to my Christian education and growth. People with greater Biblical knowledge and understanding than me have said the Bible is error free. I use net income the to find knowledge about Biblical prophecies and am interested and intrigued by what I find. Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists and ot her religious sects all may have create verbally or oral guidance. None of them have, nor will they ever have, the fulfilled prophecies and see of the Bible. Satan and his helpers have made prophecies. Unlike those in the bible, they are not detailed, but filled with generalities, may fit several situations and never 100 percent correct. Satans prophecies exclude a call for repentance, one of the key components in our path to salvation.IV. ConclusionInexperience and unfamiliarity with the Bible makes me avoid participating in discussions with the more skilled or better Biblically educated. Rather than participate verbally, I actively listen to identify points/events that Im unfamiliar with or dont understand. I seek these points/events in order to try and better understand them. Studying Historical Theology helps me understand the history behind the doctrine. I believe the Bible is the Word of God and provides our path to salvation. A Biblical prophecy must contain evidence of di vine inspiration. That is the prophecy must contain information the prophet could not have known or been aware of under normal circumstances in effect at the time of the prophecy. Fulfilled Prophecy is an essential element in the argument that the Bible is the Word of God. For me I believe God breathed the Word. That is it. No debate and no argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment